Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
Welcome to the website for The Assemblage. These Terms are a contract between You (“You” or “Your”) and The Assemblage Hospitality LLC (“The Assemblage,” “Company,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our”), with regard to the access and use of Our website (including theassemblage.com, mosaic.theassemblage.com, and membersnomad.theassemblage.com) and its component pages (“Site”), content, and/or online services made available through the Site. Any references to the Company shall include employees, officers, directors, investors, agents, assignees, affiliates, partners, contractors, attorneys, accountants, advertisers, and any and all other individuals and organizations providing services on behalf of the Company. Please read these Terms fully and carefully before accessing and using Our Site.
- b) We may amend these Terms from time to time in Our sole discretion. All amendments to these Terms will be effective immediately upon posting. Your continued access to Our Site constitutes an agreement to be bound to the Terms then effective and as amended. You also agree to accept notice of posting of any amendments or new terms through Us posting such amendments or new terms on the Site. Please review the Terms periodically so You are aware of any amendments.
- c) Additional Terms. Although You are always bound by the Terms, in using additional features, products, or services You may be bound by and subject to additional terms, guidelines, guides, policies, procedures, manuals, tutorials, and rules applicable to certain features, products, or services. These additional terms, including any House Rules (as defined by the membership agreement), may be posted and modified periodically. Any and all additional terms will not change or replace these Terms regarding use of the Site, unless expressly stated. Any and all additional terms are incorporated within these Terms by reference.
- d) This is a general audience Site and service for adults age 18 or over. By using this Site, You represent and warrant that You are 18 years or older and have legal capacity to enter into the agreement set out in these Terms, including but not limited to, that You are of sufficient mental capacity, and are otherwise permitted to be legally bound in contract.
- Account; General Use.
- a) Our Site contains account login features. These features allow You to log in to the members only section of the Site. We reserve the right, in Our sole discretion, to change, modify, remove, or add any other features, products, services, or terms offered as part of the members-only area or any other part on the Site. This includes without limitation any features regarding message boards, private messaging, orientation, booking, visitors, profiles, billing, plans and benefits, reporting a problem, and referrals.
- b) Eligibility; Account Information. In order to create an account, You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age, a member in good standing, and complete the registration process by providing Us with complete, current, and accurate information as requested in Our registration form. By creating an account, You agree to provide true, accurate, and current information in connection with that account. Any usernames and passwords used for this Site are for individual use only. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of the password You use to access Your account. You agree to notify the Company immediately of any unauthorized use of Your username, password, or account, or any other breach of security. We are not liable for any loss that You may incur as a result of someone using Your username, password, or account, either with or without Your knowledge.
THIS SITE IS NOT AVAILABLE TO PERSONS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, AND THESE TERMS APPLY ONLY TO PERSONS WITHIN THE UNITED STATES. THIS SITE IS ALSO NOT AVAILABLE TO ANY PERSONS SUSPENDED OR REMOVED FROM THE SITE BY THE COMPANY. IN USING THIS SITE, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WHO HAS NOT BEEN SUSPENDED OR REMOVED FROM THE SITE. PERSONS CHOOSING TO ACCESS THIS SITE DO SO AT THEIR OWN DISCRETION AND INITIATIVE, AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE TERMS, ALL LOCAL LAWS AND RULES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUCH LAWS AND RULES REGARDING THE INTERNET, DATE, EMAIL, ELECTRONIC MESSAGES, PRIVACY, AND SECURITY.
- c) Your account will continue until You request to cancel Your account or the Company, in its sole discretion, cancels Your account.
- d) The Site and its contents are for Your personal and non-commercial use only. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products, services, or features obtained from the Site without Our prior written consent. Your account may not be assigned or transferred to any other person or entity, nor may You provide any other person or entity with access to Your account, either directly or indirectly.
- e) Your access to the Site and Your account may be unavailable or interrupted from time to time for a variety of reasons, many of which We cannot control. We are not responsible for any interruptions of Your access to the Site or Your account, or any of the consequences of such interruptions.
- f) Right to Refuse. The Company reserves the right to refuse or revoke service or access to the Site to You or any user at any time.
- g) Throughout the Site information regarding times, dates, pricing, and availability of certain events, rooms, food and beverages, and other items are listed. That information is subject to change at any time and without any prior notice to members or non-members.
- Termination; Modification.
Without any further notice and at any time, You understand and agree that the Company may terminate, cancel, deactivate, and/or suspend Your access to the Site. The Company reserves the right to discontinue, modify, alter, or change any policy, feature, product, or service of the Site. You understand, acknowledge, and agree that Your sole and exclusive right and remedy regarding the termination or modification of Your access to and use of the Site, is to stop using the Site.
- Conduct and Acceptable Use.
The following rules are a condition of Your use of and access to the Site. You are responsible for the content of Your communications and representations via the Site.
We may require, at any time, proof that You are following these rules. We reserve the right to take, or refrain from taking, any and all steps available to Us, including suspending or terminating Your access to the Site or seeking other legal or equitable remedies, once We become aware of any violation of these Terms. As a condition of use of the Site, You represent the following:
- You will not interfere with any other person using or enjoying the Site;
- You will not use the Site to threaten, abuse, harass, or invade the privacy of any person;
- Any content or materials You submit to Us will be appropriate and lawful;
- You will not damage Our Site or Our servers;
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to computer systems or networks connected to the Site or use the Site in any way for an inappropriate or unlawful purpose;
- You will not collect or use personal information from anyone on this Site without Our prior written permission;
- You will not impersonate, falsely state, or otherwise misrepresent Your identity in any way while using the Site; and
- You will not use the Site, its content, or its information for any criminal or unlawful purpose or encourage anyone else to do so.
Violations of these provisions will be determined by the Company in its sole discretion.
- Ownership; Proprietary Rights.
All Site content and materials including without limitation articles, other text, photographs, illustrations, graphics, product names, designs, logos, video material, and audio clips (collectively, “the Intellectual Property”) are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States, as well as international conventions and the laws of other countries. The Intellectual Property is owned or controlled by the Company or the party credited as the provider or owner of the Intellectual Property. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on the Site is the exclusive property of the Company and protected by United States and international copyright laws. Except as expressly authorized by the Company, You agree not to sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of all Site content and materials.
- Third-Party Sites, Products & Services; Links.
The Site may contain links to third party websites (“Third-Party Sites”).
THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIRD-PARTY SITES AND THEIR CONTENT. THE THIRD-PARTY SITES ARE NOT CONTROLLED BY US. ACCORDINGLY, THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING SUCH THIRD-PARTY SITES, HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONTENTS OF SUCH THIRD-PARTY SITES, AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON SUCH THIRD-PARTY SITES. YOUR USE OF THIRD-PARTY SITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE INCLUSION ON THE SITE OR OTHER SERVICE OF A LINK TO A THIRD-PARTY SITE DOES NOT IMPLY AN ENDORSEMENT BY THE COMPANY. WHEN YOU ACCESS ANY OF THESE THIRD-PARTY SITES, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS WHILE ACCESSING AND USING THOSE SITES WILL BE GOVERNED BY THE AGREEMENTS AND POLICIES RELATING TO THE USE OF THOSE SITES.
- Disclaimer; No Warranties; Limitation on Liability and Damages.
To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law and SUBJECT TO THE FINAL PARAGRAPH OF THIS SECTION, THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, AFFILIATES, AND SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, LACK OF VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED WITHIN THE CONTENT OR SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, AFFILIATES, AND SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
YOU ALSO SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT SENT USING AND/OR INCLUDED ON THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, AFFILIATES, AND SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES TO THE SITE AND/OR MAY DISCONTINUE ANY PART OF THE SITE AT ANY TIME.
ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FINAL PARAGRAPH OF THIS SECTION AND TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, AFFILIATES, AND SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR THE EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE IS HELD INAPPLICABLE OR UNFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE COMPANY’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $100. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SITE, OR WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
- Indemnification; Hold Harmless.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, its employees, officers, directors, investors, agents, assignees, affiliates, partners, contractors, attorneys, accountants, advertisers, and any and all other individuals and organizations providing services on behalf of the Company harmless from all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and expenses) arising out of or relating to Your breach or alleged breach of any terms or conditions contained in this agreement.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of New York, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims, lawsuits, or other actions (collectively, “Claims”) arising under this agreement shall lie exclusively with the state or federal courts within New York, New York. If any provision of the Terms are found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any provision of the Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such provision or any other provision. You agree that neither You, nor Your representatives, shall have the right or authority to bring any Claims on a class action basis or on bases involving Claims brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public, other users, or other persons similarly situated.
The Company may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms, and any assignment will inure to the benefit of Our successors, assigns, and licensees.
Sections 4 (Privacy), 7 (Ownership; Proprietary Rights), 10 (Indemnification; Hold Harmless), 11 (Dispute), 12 (Assignment), 13 (Severability), 15 (Headings), 17 (No Waiver), 18 (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) Notification), and 19 (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) shall survive any termination of this agreement.
All headings used in these Terms are for reference purposes only and shall not be used to interpret, analyze, or construe these Terms or the provisions, terms, representations, covenants, agreements, certifications, declarations, affirmances, or statements contained herein.
- Entire Agreement.
- No Waiver.
No waiver of any of these Terms by THE COMPANY is binding unless authorized in writing by an officer of THE COMPANY. If THE COMPANY waives a breach of any provision of the Terms, any such waiver will not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same nature or other provisions of the Terms and will in no manner afFECT the right of THE COMPANY to enforce the same at a later time.
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) Notification.
Our Site is not designed or intended for use by children under the age of 18. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d) as amended, We hereby notify You that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist You in limiting access to material that may be harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at the Electronic Frontier Foundation website, http://www.eff.org.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Pursuant to Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, all claims of copyright infringement for material that is believed to be residing on the Site should be promptly sent in the form of written communication to The Assemblage, 114 East 25th Street, New York, NY 10010, or firstname.lastname@example.org. All claims must include the following information:
- a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- e) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Address: The Assemblage, 114 East 25th Street, New York, NY 10010.
Phone: (646) 849-9861.
Last Updated: 10/01/2018